Skip to content
We have moved. We are operating online - Appointments available. Email for info.
We have moved. We are operating online - Appointments available. Email for info.
Important Notice - Adder Rock 2020

Important Notice - Adder Rock 2020


It is with absolute dismay that we write to inform you that we have made the very difficult decision to postpone the Adder Rock Competition this year.

Unfortunately owing to the Coronavirus and the widespread implications – we have been forced to re-assess the situation and have come to the unfortunate conclusion that it is an unnecessary risk to continue with the comp on the dates as initially planned.

Whilst I am aware that some of you may disagree with the decision, please understand that we have not taken it lightly. As a business we have a duty of care to our participants, and whilst that normally means taking care of the entrants whilst on the water, we have been forced to consider on land safety this year. Whilst we do not know how things will evolve over the coming days the one thing we are absolutely sure of is that things will have gotten worse by the time the competition takes place.

Unfortunately for many of us, the risk of having to go into isolation is simply not worth the reward of catching a few fish and being crowned winner of the Adder Rock Comp 2020. We not only have a legal obligation to ensure all competitors are safe but we feel we have a moral obligation to take these hard decisions and ensure that you and your families are kept safe.

In making this decision we visited the official Government website and having read all the available information available it became obvious in our opinion that this was the only option available. The key message on the web site is Better Safe than Sorry, we have adopted this message and whilst reluctant to execute this we feel comfortable that we have made the correct decision under the circumstances.

In lieu of all of this we have contacted Stradbroke Ferries as well as Minjerribah Camping for those who have booked camp sites.

Minjerribah Camping  (extract from their website)

You may cancel your booking by doing so at least 7 days prior to your scheduled arrival date.

Regardless of your initial method of payment, you will not be entitled to a refund, but will be issued a credit for the balance of any unused stay, less a $30 administration fee.  

Any balance of fees will be held in credit for use within 12 months from the date of cancellation. Should you not use your credit by the end of the 12 month period, it will be forfeited to Minjerribah Camping.  

You may cancel your booking by contacting our Booking Centre on 07-3409-9668.

If you do not give at least 24 hours notice to cancel your booking, we are not able to offer a credit or a refund.

Cancellation made 1-6 days before your arrival will incur a $30 administration fee. o We do not offer a credit or a refund for any unused nights, or If you depart your campsite before your booked departure date.

Stradbroke Ferries

Effective immediately, we will be waiving cancellation fees for all customers cancelling their travel between now and the 30th June 2020.

Customers may receive a credit or refund for their travel, regardless of whether the cancellation takes place within 48 hours of travel.

This decision was only approved moments ago and has not been added to our website yet but I wanted to let you know so you could pass the message onto your group.



AKS propose to host the competition in the next 6 to 9 months at Straddie as originally planned, at this point a date has not been set but as soon as things settle down and we are in a position to make a call on a date we will do so. Obviously if at this stage you wish to opt out of the competition you are free to do so and you will receive a full refund.

Should we not manage to attract enough competitors on the revised date we will hold off and carry your credit over to next year’s competition,  being absolutely cognisant of the fact that camping credits are only valid for 12 months so the date would be set within 12 months of today’s date.

We would like to make it clear that postponement is not on offer to reduce any loss we may incur, bottom line is you have the option, if you want your money back we will gladly refund you, if you are keen on attending the competition at a later date we look forward to welcoming you.

Please send us an email to indicate your preference so that we make the necessary arrangements and also please make sure you cancel or ammend your bookings based on your preference.


Tight Lines from a rather sad but risk adverse AKS team.

Previous article AKS Trading through COVID-19
Next article The Noosa Challenge Report